Braces Pembroke Pines is a great way to straighten your teeth and achieve a more beautiful smile. But when you have braces on, your teeth need extra taking care of to protect it from decay, staining, and gum disease. Practicing good oral hygiene and taking precautions also help prevent damaging your braces. If you’re considering getting braces, here are some tips on how to maintain good oral hygiene with braces:
How Do I Maintain Good Oral Hygiene with Braces On?
Brush Your Teeth
It’s important that you brush your teeth after eating to get rid of the food particles stuck between your teeth and on your braces. Doing this helps prevent the formation of plaque, which could lead to the development of gum disease or decay. It can also prevent staining your teeth. Rinsing with water or mouthwash will help loosen the food particles and keep your mouth clean.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning Braces
- Before brushing your teeth, make sure to rinse your mouth with water or mouthwash first to loosen food particles that are stuck in-between your teeth and on your braces.
- Using an interdental brush, clean in and around your braces. This will help get rid of any food particles that could be difficult to brush away with a regular toothbrush.
- Using a soft-bristled toothbrush, brush your teeth at a 45° angle using an up and down motion. This angle makes it easier to clean around the brackets and wires of your braces. Take your time in doing this.
- Next, brush near your gum line at a 45° angle again, but this time do it in a circular motion.
- After brushing your teeth, it’s time to floss. If you find flossing such a hassle, you can use a floss threader to make the process easier.
- After flossing, rinse with mouthwash!
Looking for braces Pembroke Pines?
With the right tools and techniques, maintaining good oral hygiene with braces is an easy process! At Lucas Orthodontics, we offer various types of high-quality braces that will suit your preferences and needs. Straighten your teeth today! Contact us to learn more about our options.