Ceramic braces, sometimes called clear braces, are a popular alternative to traditional metal braces. The idea of invisible braces first became popular in the 1980s. Unfortunately, back then, the brackets were made of a plastic substance so they tended to stain fairly easily. Today, the brackets are made of a ceramic composite, which doesn’t stain and is much stronger.
1. Less irritation of the gums
2. Sturdy and strong brackets
3. They are a clear or white color, specifically designed to blend in with your teeth
1. Not recommended for patients who need extensive treatment
2. Slightly more expensive than traditional metal braces
3. Slightly larger brackets on your teeth (don’t forget, they’re clear!)
Ceramic braces are specifically designed to blend in with the teeth, making them a subtle and beautiful option.
Do You Want To Know More?
At Lucas Orthodontics, we strive to provide a consultative approach for every patient. We want you to fully understand your treatment options before any work has begun, so you are confident in your choice of treatment and your choice in our practice.
When you are ready to learn more about you or your child’s smile transformation, click here (link) to schedule your 100% Complimentary Lucas Orthodontics Smile Analysis ($250 value, completely free). We can’t wait to welcome you as a member of the Lucas Orthodontics Family.